After a long hiatus, I went from outputting crappy sound to outputting crappy sound *in stereo*.
Would you like to know more?
For all those posts about computers and code and stuff.
The actual emulator I wrote and which prompted that series of articles on this very blog is finally functional enough that I decided to publish it on GitHub. It’s a lot more advanced than the example emulator I’m documenting here, but pretty much everything I described in emulator-related posts has been used in its making. …
TL;DR: I started writing a Game Boy emulator in Go in June 2018 and since then, at least three distinct people have expressed polite interest in the details. I hope to show how it’s done, in mildly-to-heavily technical terms. It’s going to take a while but I hope it turns out marginally informative.
Glimpses of an old Python parser for custom tags in MU* logfiles.