All right, it took a few extra months, but we’re finally getting somewhere.
This article is hopefully the last one about sound. The result isn’t fantastic, but it works.
And for the time being, this will do!
The actual emulator I wrote and which prompted that series of articles on this very blog is finally functional enough that I decided to publish it on GitHub. It’s a lot more advanced than the example emulator I’m documenting here, but pretty much everything I described in emulator-related posts has been used in its making. …
TL;DR: I started writing a Game Boy emulator in Go in June 2018 and since then, at least three distinct people have expressed polite interest in the details. I hope to show how it’s done, in mildly-to-heavily technical terms. It’s going to take a while but I hope it turns out marginally informative.